Re: Two or more Xys open

Harry wrote:
> dos/nv/x/z /c start editor.exe

I dont know if I'm doing something wrong, but in Xy4 (in both full screen or
window) you become "hostage of this new proces", that is, it starts a new
editor instance but you only abandone it and returns to the original editor
when you abandone it manually or when the program --in our example, the
report made by a XPL program-- is completed.
  Launching it form autoexec.bat, you have two sesions at the same time:
one working with the report, and abandoning XY, closing the window and
another instance where you work "with your fingers". I dont know how to call
this, perhaps a
multi-trend or multi-task situation... Imagin you, while reading a document,
decides send mails by a perl Sendmail program. With a Xpl you starts the
perl script, but you dont pay attention on it: you continues reading your
document in your Xy session.

> I'm surprised that anything Xy does requires minutes.

  I built a pseudo data base with records from 2100 people and Xy opens,
reads and close the severarl archives, reading secuences that are going to
form a report. My sistem is old and slow (400Mhz).

  Francisco Barrau