Re: What's the story on XyWWWeb?

Reply to note from Wolfgang Bechstein  Thu, 24
Jun 1999 11:28:48 +0900

-> Is this a temporary fluke, or am I going blind?

No need to see an eye doctor, Wolfgang! Apologies for the error.
The page should load properly now.

-> Has the site recently been "upgraded" to display properly only
-> in late-generation super-duper new-fangled browsers? (Something
-> I would find hard to believe given the Xy community's notorious
-> no-nonsense approach.)

We've always made a conscious effort to make the site accessible to
as many browsers as possible. Basically, if you're browser supports
tables (that's *tables* -- we don't "do" frames), you should be OK.
If you have any problem accessing the site, please let us know and
we'll do our utmost to accommodate you.

Incidentally, I just put the page through NetMechanic's browser
compatibility test. You can view the results for the next two days
at:

http://beta.netmechanic2.com/compat.cgi?f=1740755-23270&s=NetMechanic

Many thanks to Wolfgang, Peter and others for bringing the problem to
light.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/