Re: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Now the interesting thing
> is that there is
> an outfit with the intriguing name of U3 that is
> selling a specialized
> setup for flash drives that enables one to run apps
> (even full 32-bit
> Windows apps) off the drive; no installation,
> apparently, required.

SanDisk is using this on many of their memory stick
models. The larger ones come bundled with SKYPE and a
bunch of other trial edition software that will be of
interest to very few, I think. I bought two of these
sticks in different capacities, and regretted it as
soon as I discovered this. They are seen as TWO
drives -- one being seen as a CD. It's a device
firmware thing apparently -- can't be changed. A real
PITA for non-WIN users. All I wanted was flat
storage, that could be accessed from anything.

 Jordan