RE: I want to go geek .. and VPC?

Leaving aside the fact that it's unlikely that editor.exe could be made to operate FROM a remote server, on the WEB (on a LAN, yes). But if it could, I would envision it this way:

A person would log onto to a website, and that log-in would ensure that all their personalized
support files would be accessible to XyWrite when it starts up.

Plan B (which I don't THINK would work either):
A person would log onto a site, DOWNLOAD editor.exe AND (I forget the name of the Xy3 equivalent to
"startup.int") file, to point editor to the remote personalized support files. The trouble
with this scenario is that if you were using a rented machine in an "internet café"
you probably wouldn't be able to download an EXE file (or maybe any kind of file...I don't know how
those things work...can you use modern web-apps on those things?)

-BrianH.

-----Original Message-----From: Harry Binswanger