Re: Problems with Windows XP

David Auerbach wrote:
>One needn't resort to Linux to avoid these problems. I've been running
>OS/2 quite happily for many years. XyWrite runs just fine...

  Same here. And the OS/2 counterpart of Project Gutenberg, called
Project Odin, is indeed making impressive progress in augmenting OS/2
to run various Win32 apps, as Jordan Fox noted.

  Plus, another Win alternative, PetrOS, is emerging Down Under from
Trumpet Software (of Winsock fame). It's a lean-n-mean emulation of
Win, developed from scratch over the past five/six years. Currently,
it lacks a GUI, altho that's coming. But at least the command-line
version of PetrOS is finally available, and for just $50:
http://petros.trumpet.com.au
  -otis
BusinessWeek