Re: We should [NOT] move en masse to Nota Bene (sorry Anne!)

At 23/12/2012 15:06, you wrote:

essentially . . . that Ubuntu is the answer to everything.

But it isn't, Raphael. I need nearly all the components of Adobe Creative Suite in my professional work nearly every day. That means Windows or Mac. The alternatives on Linux are simply not professionally viable solutions, in any way, shape, or form. I also need Quark, Fontlab, and a host of other programs that are only available on the big 2. Why aren't these great professional suites being ported to or written for Linux? And as for Libre Office, the best thing about it is that it makes you appreciate MSOffice 2010/11/13. Oh sure, if I had nothing else, I could do some work on Linux. But it would take me three times as long and the files would not be exchangeable in the real world. Linux is great but for a vast number of professional users it is not viable. Otherwise I would be on it. I love it!