Re: still failing to install thesaurus

Sherry, let's rewind. What version of XyWrite are you using?
xy4017 for dos.

 Have you unZIPped the thesaurus itself into a directory?

yes, was told to unzip it into xy4 directory, so that's where i put
it. using winzip if that is important..

 Can you tell me what the
drive and directory location of the thesaurus is?

C:\xy4\roget.pm

 I'll configure a copy of ROGET.PM for you, and send it to you privately.

This would be a huge huge help. Thank you.

 When you receive it, locate it in your XyWrite working directory, and command (on the
command line) RUN ROGET.PM, with your cursor on a word in your current document
(the "lookup word"). Hit F9.

the macro i tried to write went F5 run roget.pm F9, what happened
first was it said set path. I opened roget pm tried to set path where
you indicated, first by typing the SV01, path, next by using the
symbol for sv01 that was the following line and using comma path
after that.

This should work. Shall we give it a try?
YES!! I would very much like to give this a try.

 BTW, where do you sleep, on a park bench?

actually I sleep in a hell's kitchen tenement flat when I can sleep,
are you wondering about the varied times of my posts? I have a book
due at the publishers in 6 weeks, feel like there are 6 months of
work to go, so sleep is not something I'm getting a lot of.

or maybe you are wondering about the signature message.. its a lyric
from a song called Ripple.. Grateful Dead.. one of the prettiest
songs ever written. :)

Sherry@xxxxxxxx
``If I knew the way, I would take you home.''