Re: Xy 3.55

** Reply to note from James D. Besser
06/28/95  11:12pm -0400

> I used WinFax when I was using Windows, which kept
crashing--Windows, not > Winfax. I switched to OS/2 and us e
bundled FaxWorks, which isn't as  nice, > but receives faxesx
entirely transparently when I'm using X yWRite.

If you order the full version of FaxWorks for OS/2 you'll find it
very nice. I  can receive/send faxes while XyWriting (with,
say, two different XyWrites  open). Some nice touches are being
able to print from Xy to the fax  program using an HPlaser
printer file and being able to convert a fax to a  text file for
editing in Xy. Memory resources are not a problem and I've
haven't crashed in months. If faxes come in while I'm XyWriting
nothing  bad happens, even if I have FaxWorks set to auto-print
and XyWrite is  printing too. Very robust.

David Auerbach
  auerbach@xxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU     Box 8103