Hope you can fix this, and can stay with us.

                         Michael Edwards.

Dear Morris,

   Just a couple of suggestions about this H.T.M.L. business which I hope will
be helpful to you:

[Carl Distefano:]

>At a minimum, you must disable the HTML feature on your
>mail program:

   This should be very easy to do. Please forgive me if I'm telling you
something you know how to do, but I wonder if you're not quite sure what to do
to disable the H.T.M.L.
   On my earlier version of Outlook Express (4 point something-or-other), you
would do this by going through, in turn: Tools (from the top menu); Options;
select "Send" tab; go to "Mail sending format" box which will be visible, where
"HTML" will be selected (have a dot opposite it). Just click on the circle next
to "Plain text" and the dot will appear there and disappear from the HTML
option. Then you can enter the "Settings" opposite "Plain text", if you like,
to adjust those to your liking. When you've done that (if you choose to), click
OK when things are right, and that window will disappear and you'll be back at
the preceding one where you changed to "Plain Text". To make it active, you
must click "Apply" at the bottom of that window. It all takes 10 seconds or so,
and everything'll be right after that.
   It appears you're using a later version of Outlook Express to me, and I
don't actually know if the procedure I described will be the same for you - but
I would think it likely to be very similar, anyway. It might at least be
similar enough to help you do it in your own version of Outlook Express.
   I hope you can do this, because I'm sure you will have further interesting
things to say on the list. This will all be very useful to me when I get
XY-Write.

>Please be assured that this is not in any sense a
>personal attack.
>I trust that you will be able to resolve the problem
>quickly, so that we can continue to benefit from your
>contributions to the list.

   Yes, I hope so too. I might be one of those who appeared to sink the boot
in a bit about this, but I didn't intend it personally either, Morris; I was
just worried about the possible effects of the virus, and aware that others may
be more vulnerable to it than I appear to be. You've said some interesting
things on this list, such as the shorthand thing, which I look forward to
looking further into some time, if you will share it with us, and I hope you can
continue to participate on the list. But of course you'll understand that
people would worry about the possible effects of the virus.
   I hope my suggestion on how to make the required change is helpful.

             Regards,
             Michael Edwards.