HOTLINE & XYWRITE

 I think your Hotline 2.2 problem can be fixed if you reinstall the program
 (taking care to save your settings and personal data base before you start
 anew.). HL has a utility that lets you set its colors (I like blue/white -
 red/yellow.) But you have to do this at the start and not on the fly. The
 mono colors you use probably invoke an underline bit which looks dark blue on
your color monitor.

 I make extensive use of HotLine from within XyWrite, toggling from Alt-Shift-
T. I've found no advantage to installing HL as a TSR.