Solved: a Windows 7 question re 'encryption key'

Installing Dropbox on my computer seems to be what triggered the MS prompt to back up my encryption key.

I had downloaded and installed Dropbox the night before the prompt began appearing every time I started the computer. Yesterday, I took Dropbox out of  my startup directory -- and the 'back up your encryption key' prompt at start up immediately disappeared.

Worth noting: Although Dropbox offers the option to encrypt files, I had not checked that option. Apparently, that made no difference to Windows 7.