solved: how to determine the syntax of a Mac network drive

I made a careless error below: /public/ should read /volumes/public

I am not altogether sure that I know what I am doing with Ed's temporary.conf file though. Some things seem to take, and others not.

* * * * *

This would be so you could add a line to the DOSBox-x startup.

Simply drag the icon of the network drive to a terminal prompt, and the necessary translation will be made. In my case, it is very simple. The drive loaded as public is, merely,

/public/