Re: HTML

Ken Frank writes: "Its the WYSIWYG capabilities that I find
appealing of
XyWin+HTML."

I wouldn't get too carried away that. The purpose of sgml and
html is logical, not physical, markup. The author has limited
control over WYG.
Someone constructing a page can make no assumptions about how the
receiver's browser will interpret formatting codes, such as they
are, or about the user's typeface and size preference settings.
Graphical differences between browsers--and between electronic
and print publishing--are significant.

"If we undertake this project [ ... ]" ??? TTG is already behind the curve.
Anyone who does web publishing has known for months where to find Microsoft's
Word for Windows Internet Assistant beta, and--as Kiyoshi
Kuromiya noted here last week--many other existing html editors
work as Word modules. People get comfortable with pioneer apps.
If TTG is even now only contemplating development, it could at
least indicate it's a player by releasing asap a xyWrite
html.prn/.kbd. An html.kbd is a nobrainer, and v4 mode
concatenation should help make a complementary html.pr4 workable.
... Any time frame for when we'll see TTG on the Web?

I've bet a xyDos 4 reinstallation on mode concatenation.
Resolving upgrade conflicts with inadequate documentation so I
can use v4 at all has absorbed so much time I haven't started to
adapt my html.pr3 yet. (Yes, setting D1 to
0 does make UD work as in v3 but the ineffectiveness of v4 NI
when applied to key 90 throws off my entire .kbd map. v4 loads my
v3 html.hlp but won't display it or any other help file, so
graying down all that color took far too long. Oh well.) If
anyone else has built a successful html.pr4, I'd welcome tips
(but, please, on *v4 and html only*, and only if you've
*written* an html.pr4: I don't expect to use this airbus for
anything else; I like my Learjet). --Annie

========================== annie fisher  nyc