Re: Simplified "installation" of xy4

On installing XY4 (DOS for me), someone mentioned previously about needing
printer drivers that you had not originally installed, or you needed but
were going to circumvent the installation program; I recently needed to
copy over the file post47.prn (for a postscript printer having 47 fonts I
suppose); i put in the first disk, typed install from the a drive, and
I got a screen asking me new install, add to previous installation, etc.
You pick add to previous installation, then it lets you choose to get
some new or extra printer drivers, gives you a long list from which you
can pick, copies that over to your harddrive (C:\xy4), and then you can
get out of the menu stream and end the session; it works very smoothly,
and I am not one of the expert XYWRITE people on this list; so, it can
be done without alot of hassle. Jim McSwain
MCSWAIN@xxxxxxxx