From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 3, 2013 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 3.1 font manager - please help!

Hi Bill,

Oh yes, my font installations are mainly PostScript, and I am using ATM 3.02 which is the one that works in Win 3.1 and Win 95, and the only version compatible with VirtualPC and Win 3.1. Otis bought for me Ares Fontminder, which is the best font manager for Win 3.1. I have used and still use Ares Fontmonger for converting fonts, but somehow I did not see the point of Fontminder in the early '90s when it was readily available. Adobe bought Ares, which had great technology, but retired all their stuff. Some were simply too powerful for a company that sells fonts, like Font Chameleon (have a peek at: http://vimeo.com/14758983). Ares Fontminder handles Type 1 and TrueType equally well. I am looking forward to using this software. Thanks to Otis!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)