RE: memory use

Harry,
I'm not suggesting that U2 isn't the best way to store and recall programs but, in the interest of
thoroughness, there's
another memory saving technique. Since I mostly use Xy3 and don't have access to a U2 type method,
instead of loading
actual programs under various keys, I load a string that says, "run this macro located
at..." i.e. BC run
c:\edit\xy3\macros\cleanup.mac XC - (the keyboard - KBD - file is also full of these strings). The
only "real" macros
that I load under a key are the ones that are shorter than the run-string it would take to activate
them.

With this method you have to use an SGT file to load the Alt keys during startup. I don't know how
much less of a memory
load that U2 would be, but this technique is definitely better than actually loading all your
programs under the
alt-keys you want to use to run them.

The only question I have (Robert? Carl?) is...Is a macro that's run through U2, loaded into memory
the same as saying
"run blah-blah.mac"? I would assume that it is, but if not then U2 is definitely the way
to go.

Brian H.
mailto:Brian@xxxxxxxx
http://www.XyWrite.com