Re: XyWin on XP

Harry Binswanger wrote:
That's what I had in mind, too, but I now think it would be better for me to do that through Nota Bene, since that program, unlike XyWin is not a dead-end.
Actually, we wouldn't need even that, thanks to Robert's TYP, if one has
some PS fonts and if--big IF, this--one can figure out how to get
Ghostscript configured to recognize one's own fonts. I haven't really
been able to spend much time on this, but the one time I thought I had
done everything the docs said, it didn't work.
Apropos of XyWin, we've seen that it isn't a case of AMD yes, Intel no,
because several people have gotten it running on Intel CPUs. Both of
those who just posted, I noticed, had 512 Mb of RAM. How much on your
box, Harry? M$ (the truth is not in them) claims you can run it with
256, but I've found even 98 SE will crawl with less than 512, and if I
were spec'king out an XP box now, I'd say go for at least 1 Gig.
Patricia M. Godfrey