Side-by-side via Style

No I'm not using an ATT6300. The machine I use supports the video spec
(as well as the Toshiba 3100 spec) via the motherboard so I can get the
results with software that support either spec. Word, of course, always
has but it wasn't until 5.0 that it really made a difference. I can get
around the ATT6300 spec by adding a video card and new monitor but it's
at that point that I would consider a new computer as well. Truth is,
though, for writing, I don't need graphics, WYSIWYG, or graphical print
preview. I know how it's going to come out (I have enough faith in my
computer and wp that if I italicize something, or use a different type
size, I don't have to see it first. My non graphical print preview (in
XyWrite) shows me the page layout (sans graphical of course) and that's
all I need to see. Did my footer go where it's supposed to; are my
Section x-y or pg. x-y auto page numbers showing up in chapter-page
format and in the right place; are my footnotes properly wrapped, etc.
are the things I need to see and that kind of stuff I get fine. The
graphicals, for me, don't fit into my requirements as I don't
write/prepare those kinds of documents. So I've really taken a low-key
attitude about graphics and have thus far been well-suited via the
ATT6300 spec. The game will change when Signature comes out in the Fall
if I opt to use it and opt for wanting the graphics support and it
doesn't support the ATT spec. At that point I'll consider the options
and decide which way to turn.

I'm like you with upgrades regarding my writin' computer. It works. It
works just fine. Runs everything. Why do I want to retire a perfectly
good computer? *Just* for more speed?? I really need more of a reason
than that since I have good speed as is. (In large part that's due to
XyWrite, though, because Word 5.0, though quite fine, was saying it
would like more oomph whereas XyWrite writes like I'm writing in Qedit
and scrolling in LIST.COM. It satisfies my quirks of not wishing to
wait for a response when doing something so I'm hard-pressed to want to
just say 'bye to the computer. Basically I think I need to be pushed
into a move by some peripheral or software I'll want that simply won't
run or run well on the machine. Might that be Windows? The jury's
still out on that at my end? OS/2? A strong possibilty. Que sera
sera. In the meantime I'm getting the results I want.) I also know
that when I do pop for a new system, I'll probably go technoloony so I'm
building up to that fateful day. Everything will have to be just right
and the stars aren't quite in proper alignment yet.
                             /^^^\
                            ( o o )

ÚwÄÄÄUÄÄÄw¿

ØÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍØ