Re: Orphaned software and legal recourse

Norman:

I am sorry to disagree with you, but there remains both a legal and
ethical question about copying orphaned software from a bankrupt company.

In legal fact, when companies go bankrupt their remaining assets, however,
scant, are apportioned among creditors. Chances are that someone,
somewhere owns Xywrite.

They may not remember or care that they have the property, but it IS
theirs.

If TTG or its successor simply closed its doors, the firm still owns the
software.

Ethically, once one knows this, there is then a problem.

Ed