Re: scroll lock key

** Reply to message from "MGauthier"  on Mon, 2 May 2005
18:50:31 -0500

> This is the first time on my new Toshiba Qosmio laptop that I have found
> myself looking to no avail for the much needed "Scroll Lock" key.
> Apparently there is no such key, unless it is a toggle key, or represented
> as a cryptic symbol on one of these keys.

Fn+F12 is the ScrollLock on the Qosmio -- toggle ScrollLock on and off with
successive Fn+F12 keypresses -- ScrollLock "on" *may* illuminate a light on the
front panel (I know that Fn+F11, the NumLock, has a little light).

Another approach (if Fn+F12 doesn't work, or isn't recognized by XyWrite) would
be to assign XyWrite function TS ToggleScrollLock to a more accessible key
combo in your XyWrite KBD file. For example, you could make it Ctrl-S:
31=NI,TS

A third approach would be to plug in an external keyboard that does have a
conspicuous ScrollLock. That's a sure fire solution.

One of these will work.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx