scroll lock key

This is the first time on my new Toshiba Qosmio laptop that I have found myself looking to no avail for the much needed "Scroll Lock" key.  Apparently there is no such key, unless it is a toggle key, or represented as a cryptic symbol on one of these keys.  I'm not sure what other info to give - but perhaps this will be enough to get started.  I need to write a program in XyWrite and of course need to use this wonderful key.  I hope it has not become defunct for Windows XP??

Thank you.

Mimi Gauthier LeBien