Re: NB 8 vs. Tame

Harry, can you please post, for the record, what settings you changed. You don't have to include the whole .tam or .ini file, just those settings you activated, deactivated, or changed and in which file.
I think much of this is specific to my non-standard use of keys (especially
cursor control keys). All of the relevant settings are from XYWrite.app.tam

/KeyGroupDef
    GroupName="Control"  Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="Action"   Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="Function"  Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="Text"    Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="LeftRight1"  Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="LeftRightMultiple"  Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName = "Control"       Channel="Hardware"
;    GroupName="UpDown1"  Channel="Hardware" <---- commented out
    GroupName="Toggle"   Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="User"    Channel="Hardware"
    GroupName="UpDownMultiple"  Channel="Hardware"

/TameConsole

  KeyProcessOpt = +#80
  KeyTranslate = on
;  KeyTranOpt  = -#40000
;  NumPadLock = on
;  FastCursorKeys = on
In some file or other than I didn't set, the following settings are established:
/TameConsole
    keycompat=9
   WinKeys = #00000FFF

And:

KeyRepeatFactor=100
NumberPadLock=off  <---- this one is probably critical
KeyboardTranslate=on
MouseMark=on
DosMouseEnable=off
InvertMarkedText=off
CopyScreenBitmap=on
CopyScreenHtml=off
CopyScreenText=on
UnicodeClipboard=off
HtmlSaveFileExt='htm'
DropLongPath=off
DropFileContents=off
CursorCapsLock=off
CursorInsert=off
CursorBlink=on
ResetCapsLock=off
CursorMaximize=on
MouseCursorHide=off
TextCursorHide=off
I stop AUTOEXEC.NT from launching Tame by REMming out the relevant line. I launch Xy-Tame by a shortcut that runs a batch file:

C:\PROGRA~1\Tame5~1.1\Tame-nt.com
C:\xy\Editor.exe /e4000

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx