Re: XyWrite 4 under Win2K/XP

I don't know if this is relevant to the keyboard problems people have
been having, but thought I would pass it along for what it's worth.
Happened to look at the bottom of the box my new keyboard came in, and
noticed this: "Special 'Fn' Key Function Specifications:
1. 7 cursor repeat rates-changed by pressing 'Fn'+F1 - F7 from 2.5 CPS to
40 CPS (AT and PS/2 plug only) [by which I assume they mean, doesn't work
with a USB-attached keyboard]
2. Keyboard Lock ON/OFF by pressing 'Fn'+ F11 key."
This is apparently managed by the ACPI Power Management routines were
were discussing a while back. The box says Windows98/NT, though on the
front it adds Windows 2000. (This is by some east Asian shop and is
called a Turbo-Spot, but it seems to have all the seals of approval on
it: FC, CE, backwards RU, plus one by something called the Environment
and Development Foundation, certifying that "no ozone-depeleting
chemicals used or released in the manufacture, operation, or disposal of
this product.")