Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Carl,
Thanks for your kind attention to this problem, which is not on something of any immediate concern.
I've isolated the problem: W4WTEMP.BAT is not getting created. It's not in
the filters directory after "file not found" error (ERR shows
that). I assume it's the file not found.
There's also no new file created in that directory (which is also the
directory I'm logged into and which has the test file). But I do see there:
xytowp.bat and convert.bat.

To be clear, here's what I tried:
I cd to C:\XY\FILTERS, which is my VA$WW directory. I make a really small test file, with only some italics and bold--about 30 words of normal, bold, and italics text. Then I do:
SA/RTF
I then see:
Working . . .
Converstion failed

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving to all,
Harry
occuring within XyWrite, but rather is the result of a faulty
interaction between the XPL routine and the BATch file that it
creates and launches. In short, a timing error.

Have you tried running the resulting BATch file manually after
receiving the "Conversion failed" message? The file in question is
W4WTEMP.BAT, located in the directory that has EDITOR.EXE. Open a
DOS command prompt window, CD to Editor's directory, and issue
W4WTEMP.BAT at the DOS prompt. Does it write an RTF file with the
(converted) contents of your original DeFine block? If so, that
would confirm that the problem is a timing error.

Try it, would you, between bites of turkey, and let me know.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger