Re: XYWRITE digest 1133

Re DOS programs and pining for them, to me the best file management program
was a DOS-based XTree Gold. It was so easy to use and so
comprehensive. When I have to use Windows Explorer now I cringe, in
comparison to XTree. I cannot fathom why Explorer cannot allow one to make
global moves or deletes, based on the .xxx suffix. XTree Gold made that so
easy to use.
In fact, because of this, I tend to keep my file names at 8 letters max
still, so I can run them under DOS. If I want to make major file moves, I
go into XyWrite and write a short XPL program to do file management. Its
much easier than Explorer for large moves and file management, but XTree
Gold would have saved me that step.

Does anyone know if that is still available and runs on Windows 98???

Bill