Re: Free Web-based email

On 29 Jan 01, at 17:51, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> The one they knew about no longer exists. The one I had
> bookmarked quite some time ago and mentioned here (MailStart) has
> now gone to a subscription model. I think several other
> suggestions were broached here, but I did not save those
> messages. If any of you don't mind listing them again, it might
> prove helpful. We can probably skip those like AT&T WorldNet or
> EarthLink, where you need to have a stateside account with them
> in order for this to work. There have been several other
> services anyone could use for this from almost anywhere, given
> some sort of 'Net connection.

I mentioned Yahoo (http://www.yahoo.com/).

I believe it lets you pick up mail from your regular e-mail account, and also
allows you to use the Yahoo address.

It has spam filters, and a blocking mechanism for persistent spammers.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm