Re: XyWrite 3+ Printer Driver for HP2100

Since the HP 2100 has come up, I might mention my experience of
it. It is a neatly designed printer and remarkably good for the
price. But it has one limitation that for me was fatal: it is no
good at all for printing on both side of a sheet of paper, unless
you are willing to wait an hour or so in between. Its manual
provides in veiled language a warning of potential trouble, but I
found that when duplexing the printer invariably jams. I finally
returned it (thanks to the high regard of PC Connection for their
customers) for the HP 4050, which costs about 50% more, but is
built like a tank, and does everything superbly and almost twice
as fast. It is working perfectly with XY4 (both DOS and Win
versions) using its old HP LJ4+ PCL driver, which gives me access
to all the fonts I was using earlier (I use Garamond for everyday
printing).

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin