Re: Bug Reports

K.'s item below is understandable to some extent, but it may also be why
some bugs have persisted in the past. Please at least get back in touch
with the person whose bug is not readily reproducible and ask for
amplification and specific further questions. I have had a crash-type bug
for years that I cannot characterize well, but it is very frustrating. I
will describe it in a separate message.  Jim.

>Just to add a note to Robert Holmgren's words about the format for these
>bug submissions, they will only be useful to us if we can reproduce the
>problem relatively easily from the information given. Developers will
>make a good faith attempt to follow the steps you specify, but if they
>can't make the bug occur readily, they will probably go on the next bug.
>
>K.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
...............  New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx