Re: Notabene on Mac

At 12:25 PM 2/21/2010, you wrote:
I understand that many of you are working in Notabene now. I'm considering doing that on the Mac (under Parallels). Have you found it stable? I had some problems with NB 8, even after Xywritizing it, per Robert's video. Also, do you just give up using alt-keys for macros (due to the interference with NB's use of alt-keys for Menu items)?
I use it on a PC/XP, rigged as XY as Robert suggested. Some of my
alt-keys assignments have macros, so if I want that particular NB
function, I just use NBs drop-down menus. My biggest complaint --
this from someone fussy about screen fonts -- is that in draft mode
you can't control on the on-screen letting. Small thing. Otherwise it
seems stable. I've paid for V9 but have not installed it. I'm still
trying to decide whether to get a Mac Desktop, a PC WIN7 desktop and
whether to get 32-bit or 64-bit. On the NB list there have been
various complaints about glitches both under MAC and PC 64 XP mode.
When NB finally launches its 32-bit version, presumably these will be moot.
Michael Norman