STACK

I've started going over your enhancements to stacketc. I like all of them.
Obviously I like the ability to handle wildcards and the extension from just
carriage return to all problem characters. I also like the elimination of ex1
and the reconception of what the keyboard should be (the separation of the
stacking and the xc) though of course thaat will obliterate the use of stack to
create new commands. In terms of perm.sgts vs. transients, your dead on except
I have a cavil about the storing of CU and CD. The reason I put those in the
ini routine was to isolate all user-changable stuff there; and since people
sometimes change their uparrow and downarrow to the mouseketeer versions (LU
and LD) ..... As soon as I get used to your renumbering and relabeling (it does
make integrating some of my enhancements wtih yours harder; so it goes) I
propose the following: I upload a very clean version which will be essentially
your revision of stackb; an auerbachian version that incorporates some of the
very optional features like "new commands"; VERY clean clear installation info;
a history (in the beginning auerbach wrote a series of clumsy stackers until he
got the idea for the two stack algorithm; then Holmgren opens up the world of
1-byte vs. 3-byte characters; Auerbach ignores this wrt stack, holding out for
wildcards; Holmgren reacting to a hint in Tysons book concerning wildcards,
writes a routine to capture and spit back the command line; Holmgren stitches
this to Auerbach's routine ,adds a few design improvements , etc. Then next
month the version with command completion. Seem right to you? And what do you
think about my CU CD reasoning; it uses up some more perms, but it might make
customizing less troublesome for the user.