Re: QUARK TAGS

In re problem of reverse quotes in Quark:

Our production department uses the Macintosh character set, and
that's where the problem creeps in. If we leave the "s as they
are, they click on smart quotes, and then the problem creeps in.
If, however, you simply use the Mac character set, use ASCII 210
open smart quote; 211 close smart quote; 212 open single smart
quote; 212 close single smart quote.

As Annie sez, the problem stems from stuff that comes in all "tarted up."
 My advice is always Keep it Simple Stupid. Good old courier 12
doublespaced, no headers and footers except for the page numbers.
 We'll handle the rest.

Regards,

--Leslie--