Re: doublespacing

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Robert Holmgren wrote:

> I doubt very much that the intent was to show double-spacing on
> screen. If it had been, then why not triple-spacing?
> quadruple-spacing? That was just an accidental consequence.

No, that was exactly the intention. The following is from page 4-150 of
the XyIII+ manual:

Note #3: _On-Screen Line Spacing._ The LS command normally does not
	 affect the spacing you see on the screen as you type. (The
	 exception is column tables, which always show true line
	 spacing.) If you want the display to reflect the current line
	 spacing, enter the setting LF=1 in the Printer File. To restore
	 the on-screen display to single spacing, enter LF=0. You can
	 also use the DEFAULT command to set on-screen line spacing.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/