Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

Michael Norman wrote:
I can tell you that I've stopped using standby in XP. It caused GPF's with several applications -- Eudora among them. And I seem to recall some NTVDM problems. I stopped cataloging the errors when I stopped using standby. I've tried to read up on this, but so far have not found a lot.
There's an analogous function in Vista called Sleep, and when I
first tried it and the laptop wouldn't wake up after a fairly
long nap, I e-mailed Acer (the manufacturer), who informed me
that "Sleep doesn't work. MS is working on a fix, real soon now."
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx