Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

At 05:26 PM 2/25/2008, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
Flaky behavior with standby can sometimes be caused by mismatches between BIOS settings and ControlPanel (Power Options) ones. Or, in the case of older systems, flat-out inability to support standby--esp. older monitors. With the ancient CRT I use as a scondary monitor on the Vista laptop (and what a blessing that is, to have two screens!), I had to tell Vista to never turn it off while the system was on. It just would not come back to life. Antedates "green" power options, alas.
On my XP/Pro system, if I set it to standby with Eudora running and
set to check mail every X minutes, Eudora would behave very strangely
on return. I don't want to send Paul chasing around the wrong tree,
so I'm holding off indicting standby for his NTVDM problems. I didn't
document the problem or troubleshoot it long enough to be of help.
And, of course, TAME produces anomalies all the time.
Michael Norman