Re: GoXy

Robert wrote,
On the General tab in a LNK, both the General and Program tabs in a PIF -- the
topmost entry box on all tabs.
Thanks. Turns out what governs, at least on my system, for LNK is only the
Program tab field, not the General.
Bottom line: I'm reluctant to assist development
of public scripts targeted at XyWrite. (I'm saying this at length now, to
avoid hours of agony later.) But make no mistake: GoXy is one powerful
utility. And tons of fun to use, too.
Fear not, I prefer to do it myself anyway. What's the use of living when
one is not programming?
See "Scripts" in Go.TXT. Ummm, you're leaping in to
something fairly sophisticated right off the bat -- I hope you realize that?

Hell, no. If I realized that, it would spoil the fun.
> 2. Was there something about continually doing SAves in both Xy iterations?

Not applicable to a COMPARE routine, is it? You SAve when you get good and
ready, not before.
Right. To be extra safe, I think I will open one of the files with REad
instead of CAll. I'll use REad for that file in both open iterations of Xy.
This should be way cool, once I get it going.

Thanks, Robert,
Harry
 Unless you're making changes as you compare, and want to
SAve them. In which case, wait for v118 and its DUO program. "Any day now."

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx