Installation Chronicles, Chapter 3.

Having tried repeatedly this weekend to install XyDos on a second machine
in the house (W98 Gateway), install it in every possible configuration
(Safe mode, DOS Mode, restart DOS mode, direct copy from a computer where
XyDos works and so on and so on) and having failed to get it to APPEAR on
the screen in any mode save when I change the properties to "run in DOS
mode," which as most of you know is not the best way to run XyDos, and
having followed Dorothy's kind suggestion to check the device drivers for
the card on that machine (STB Vision 128) and found in fact it has the most
up to date drivers, I am, here in chapter 3 of "The Installation
Chronicles," without another idea. Since this is a second machine (my
son's) and is not critical to our work, we can limp along using XyDos in
DOS mode only to use his printer when my mine goes down, but I wanted to
solve this problem in anticipation of getting a new machine myself,
wondering now, before I purchase it, about installation problems in
general, particularly when the files apparently install, but the program
fails to display on the screen in any mode save when it is set to run in
DOS mode.

Michael Norman
michael.norman@xxxxxxxx