Off-topic request for assistance

Though I was castigated not long ago for imposing on this list to help me
with non-XyWrite queries, I'm doing so again. I can't and won't reprove
anyone who deletes this unread. But this list is simply my only (and if it
weren't my only I'm sure it would be my best) contact with
computer-literate folks, so I've nowhere else to turn for disinterested
advice.

(1) I'm trying to master a new PC with Windows 98, and Mr Gates has me
flummoxed. Can anyone recommend a good book on Surviving the Transition
from Win3.x to Win98?

(2) I'm probably going to change ISPs more than once in the next couple of
months, and I'd like to do so without sending too many changes-of-address
to all my professional and personal correspondents. Can anyone recommend an
e-mail "forwarding" service which they've found reliable?

(My wife is entitled to use @brynmawr.edu as an alumna of that admirable
institution, but BMC's forwarding service allows only one e-mail address,
and my wife thinks it would be tacky for me to have to use _her_ name on my
professional correspondence. I don't agree -- I'd be proud to be associated
both with her and with Bryn Mawr -- but she has a whim of iron and won't be
gainsaid.)

TIA if you can help, and renewed apologies for taking up your time &
bandwidth ...

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel
101233.342@xxxxxxxx