Re: Incremental search

> As far as I can see, Emacs' "incremental search" isn't emulated by any
> command in xywwweb.u2. (Am I right?) Has anyone written an emulation
> of it? (If not, I'll do so & post it.)
>
> [Incremental search: when you press "x", the first occurrence of "x" is
> located; if you then press "y", the cursor moves to the first occurrence
> of "xy"; and so on.]
>
> --
> Martin J. Osborne

The only thing I'm aware of along those lines is part of an enhanced DeFine
routine (a frame called DEF). If you issue DEF (or, more
characteristically, assign DEF to your customary DeFine key), the PRompt refers
to an option called "auto-extend". That's my compact (and somewhat cryptic) way
of signaling that if text keys are pressed, the DeFined block is automatically
extended to the next occurrence of the typed character. If you want to adapt
that bit of functionality into a generic incremental SEarch, the relevant code
is between  and . Issue NABFRM def, then SEarch for "LBd".

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx