Pooter

I grew found of the loaner Toshiba gave me (a 3100SX) while they
attempted to fix my 1200XE after it fell in the ocean. They couldn't
fix it. So they gave me a good deal on the loaner ($2495) and full
(well, extended) warranty (12 mths) from that date. That's what I
brought along with me. I ran afoul, however, of the State Department
and they confiscated it in Rome. I had taken encryption software and
source code out of the U.S. A no-no. It's proprietary stuff and I have
papers for it but due to my Mideast destination, there seemed to be a
conflict. Everything should be resolved by Monday but this week I've
been using a friend's Olivetti (it's very similar to my desktop because
Cordata and Olivetti were partners so it has much of the same gizmos;
double-scanned CGA monitor; BIOS, 704K RAM, et cetera). Telecom stinks
from Italy, though, and I've been having to use an acoustic coupler
modem.

P.S. I was perfectly satisfied with the 1200XE, fine writin' machine,
though I didn't have it long enough to conclude if the monitor and I
would get along ala graphical stuff.