Pop tech (was Re: XyWrite update)

On 17-9-99 Mike Shupp remarked (in passing)
>(try and read a discussion of "technology" anywhere in the popular press
>that doesn't begin and end with computer stuff)

To which I'd add (since we now seem to be off-topic): try and read a
discussion of "technology" anywhere in the daily papers that doesn't begin
and end with mergers & acquisitions, the prices of tech stocks, etc. etc.

As an expatriate I feel obliged to subscribe to the New York Times daily
"headlines" under three topics - "Opinion" (for political gossip since I
still vote in the USA), "Arts & Leisure" (because I write about music,
occasionally for the Times), and "Technology". On the latter, I get
seriously peeved about having to wade through who's hot on Wall Street and
which company Bill has bought today to get to the rare piece of actual tech
_news_ (which - yes, Mike - is _always_ about computers).

So now I apologize to anyone who resents _my_ wasting _their_ time to
grumble. ...

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel