Re: Useful Utility

Michael,
I have downloaded and used the DOS NTFS program you mentioned. Amazingly, it works not only to give me access to the C: drive, but also my external hard drive that is attached via USB.

I have two remaining problems or questions.
1. XyWrite won't run. I log onto C:\Xy4 and execute EDITOR. A white on black Xy screen comes up, I hear a couple of beeps (probably things in STARTUP.INT not working right) and then the whole system freezes. Can't even do ctrl-alt-del, have to use the power switch. This, BTW, is on a laptop.
2. I am using the .ISO with the CDROM drivers and the first option
(mscdex). I don't understand what the CD drivers are supposed to do/add.
Maybe I have to copy my \Xy4 directory into the .ISO before I burn it, so I
can then access it (on the R: drive, it says). But none of this makes any
sense to me: it is already accessing the CD drive: that's how the thing
boots in the first place. Also, I don't know how to add things to the .ISO
before I burn it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Binswanger