Fauxcode

Robert:
FAUXCODE is intended mainly to provide a handy way of
incorporating bits and pieces of XPL code into E-mail discussions
such as the ones we conduct here. It's not meant primarily for
transmitting full-blown XPL applications; as you point out, there
are more efficient ways of doing that. Full-blown or excerpt,
it's inherent in this text-based environment that code containing
anything beyond plain-vanilla XPL -- e.g., 3-byte entities other
than functions -- will have to be annotated by the author to be
generally understood. However, anything that crops up more than
occasionally can be entered into the conversion table; I suppose
the table can be periodically updated and posted in the usual
places for downloading. Still and all, most XPL
*is* plain vanilla, and FAUXCODE, I think, will take most of the
drudge work out of talking about it.

Fancy meeting you here, Robert...!

BTW, for anyone particularly interested in the XyIII+ version of
FAUXCODE, I've posted a strengthened and corrected version of it
on the TTG BBS.

--Carl.