Re: Border padding is now supported in vDos-lfn

Sprint . . . what was that, back in the day?

Electric Pencil is credited by whoever wrote the article at Wikipedia with
being the first microcomputer Word Processor.

By "Sprint", I take it you are not referring to the cell phone service company . . . . Wordstar goes back to the dawn of the PC. (Does it even predate Xy ? Perhaps.) If old word processors are getting some trace of a second wind, courtesy of vDos, don't forget about Textra. That was probably the next best word processor I ever tried, after XyWrite. Jordan From: Daniel Say To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2016 8:19 AM Subject: Re: Border padding is now supported in vDos-lfn > Hi all, > Per request by Robert J. Sawyer, I have further enhanced the border padding feature to add the ability to specify a color setting for it in the latest vDos-lfn build (build 2016.09.02). Now the PADDING directive (initially named BORDER) accepts an optional second argument which is the padding color (0-15, default is 0 or black). For example: > PADDING = 50,1 > Hope it will be useful. > Wengier For those who don't recognize the name, Robert J. Sawyer is a WordStar enthusiast and author of science fiction novels. Yes VDos--LFN is reviving many old softwares usages. https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/WordStar/conversations/topics/1688 Daniel Say I expect Sprint to "come back" too.