Re: searching text in files

" I am also using the SE *.*/text/ function, and am satisfied.
"
" At 12:37 PM 2/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
" >On Mon, 12 Feb 1996, Daniel Say wrote:
" >
" >> 	Who is using the XY "find text in file(s)" functions
" >> 	nowadays, and have other programs supplanted it?
" >
" >I am. Haven't found anything else that works as well.
" >
" >--Marv Katz
"
" Steve Shaw
" sshaw@xxxxxxxx
	--------------
	I've been experimenting with various grep versions
	in alternate DOS/Os2 windows to find text and the
	contexts.
	I could open another 'instance' of XY in OS/2 and do
	that, but what I am looking for is a text engine
	to do that and call up the file, or flag it into
	a list for calling up.
	OS/2 has a seek but there isn't a way I have found
	to associate files with an editor except via *.ext.
	I don't want to make XY the default editor, but would
	like to associate a directory with an editor.

					D. Say
					say@xxxxxxxx
	p.s. I wish Lotus' Magellan hadn't died.