Re: off list virus question

Carl:

I don't think it extreme at all if one can avoid a trashed computer.

Carl, the problem is that many worms read the victim's address book -- in
this case, say, that of your sainted mother, and send on the message to
the first fifty addresses listed.

You, thinking it is S.M. who has sent you a warm greeting, innocently
open the "benign" attachment. And plunge into darkness.

As for transferring files, even large ones, I simply read the file into
the text of the letter. But then I use a UNIX-based mail program, Pine,
which makes it easy.

Ed