Re: U2

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sat, 10 Jun 2000 18:15:06 -0400

Judith:

> Which doesn't keep me from posing another question. Now,
> everything I work on in Xy is inside that frame that U2
> created. Can I do anything to make the frame go away and
> come back only when I call U2?

> Or is the answer in U2 itself.

Which version of U2 do you have? Command "HELP" to find out. That
problem (a persisting border around the screen, right?), which is longstanding,
occurs if you summon a Help explanatory frame -- like the abovementioned
command -- without any other window open. Although, it shouldn't occur with
"everything you work on", but only documents that you subsequently call into
that one window number. So I suppose if you only work on one document at a
time, then "everything" would appear that way, because only one window would be
open. I put a fix into v097 limited to one situation (users of OS/2 File
Manager), and I'll incorporate a generalized fix in v098, frame {{Full}}
(command "FULL" to
find it, if you don't know where it is or have forgotten. If it isn't in
your KBD file, just command "func SW". Now hit "F".
It will restore Full-screen appearance, i.e. remove the border. In the GUI
versions there's a different command, func "MW wf" -- the {{Full}} frame
takes care of both these situations.

It occurs to me that maybe you don't have your system set up to close a window
when you abort a file? Command "VA/NV NW" to find out. It should be 1 or 3
(I like 1). Establish that setting permanently in SETTINGS.DFL: "d nw=1"
Settings 0 and 2 really suck, IMO. Purely manual windows, you have to open and
close them all the time. Yuck.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx