Re: Sluggish Repeat Cursor Keys

I have been experiencing sluggishness period in XP of late. It seems that
whether I am using Word, or Xy4, or Eudora, the machine simply pauses here
and there and loses what I am typing. When it's moody (which is not
always), every few seconds, things just stop and I lose whatever I was
typing. Even using Internet Explorer -- there will be times when it just
hiccups for no good reason. Any suggestions? I have about 384MB of DRAM and
still several GB of free disk space.
I'm wondering if I've done something stupid with the keyboard buffer? At
one time I made some adjustments, and I've forgotten how I got there. Is it
possible that XyWrite is causing this sluggishness? Difficult for me to
test, since I always must have it running.