SUBROUTINES

Jim: Thanks for the help with my cursor key questions... Now I have another for
you. I've tried to put if/then statements into a subroutine since they get used
many times in different parts of the program. No matter how I word it, XyWrite
beeps, says "extra start command", and spits the contents of the subroutine
into the text. I've loaded stuff into subroutines before, and never had this
problem, but I've never loaded if/then statements. Also, the XPL book and
diskette don't have any good examples about subroutines...can you clue me in? I
don't have any sample files. Thanks.