Re: func DX

≪	And don't be afraid to ... freeze the display--DX . Unlike in III+,
these commands work, and work well. ≫ --Carl Distefano

≪	Thanks for the info about DX. Based on III+ experience, I had
indeed been avoiding it. ≫ --Harry Binswanger

Till Carl suggested that DX probs are common in v3, I'd never heard of
another user besides myself having them. XyQuest hadn't either, Tech
Support told me. Only prob I ever presented that stumped them. Anyone who
did have DX problems with v3 and doesn't with v4 also should consider
whether the software is the only variable. My experience is that it's a
hardware issue, not a matter of v3 vs. v4.

Before I called XyQuest I'd used v3 DX/DO generously and uneventfully
in several systems. A new PC with a new graphics card precipitated
the error squawks. The card doesn't discriminate: It's equally intolerant
of DX whether generated by v3 or v4. ... Ciao. 	--a