[Date Prev][Date Next][Subject Prev][Subject Next][
Xywrite for Windows
- Subject: Xywrite for Windows
- From: shaw@xxxxxxxx (Stephen Shaw)
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 14:28:00 -0500
No one in the list responded to my question about SH or AK in XyWrite for Windows, so I guess those features are not widely used, or most XPL fans haven't switched to XW. I have found a partial workaround.
In continuing my transition from XyWrite to XyWrite for Windows. I have encountered several other
problems to which you might have solutions
1. VA$RS no longer exists. It used to return the character under the cursor. Is there any other
way to do with without using the define function?
2. VA$CY no longer returns the row position relative to top of viewable text.
3. the @ sign is no longer accepted in dialog boxes. The is easily corrected by substituting
4. the /nv option (no validate) is often not honored.
5. Under Windows95, a click on the XyWrite symbol on the minimized window bar does not restore the
full window. (it needs a right button click and then select)
Is there a list somewhere of such changes between Xy and XW?
If not, where should I put my list as it evolves?
Is it worth reporting such issues to TTG? If so, is any particular person more helpful or
Happy New Years